Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Interview - Mark EG

Mark EG website



1) For those who are not familiar with who you are, give a brief description of yourself and where you come from.

I’m a general all round music head who has been able to turn my passion into something that makes me a living through DJing, producing, writing and a load of other music related stuff. Quite a lucky guy really!


2) What genre of music do you play and produce?

I play and produce techno, hard techno, acid, schranz,
hardstyle, hard trance, minimal, electro (the real stuff not electro house!) and electronica. However my music tastes go a lot deeper than that.

3) Have you experimented with other genres of music?

Experimenting with music is what it’s all about and if you don’t do it, you’re a slave to the system and might as well be a sheep! I remember being locked into the whole acid house thing in 1988 and when it died it was the biggest wake up call ever. There’s just too much good music out there to be blinkered by one genre.


4) At what age did you first realize you potential as a DJ?

I actually started on pirate radio when I was 12 or 13. I remember making mixes by cutting bits of tape and gluing them together. It wasn’t until a few years later that I kinda fell into the whole club thing and mixing vinyl became the prime focus.


5) For how long have you been DJing/producing?

DJing since the early 80’s. Producing seriously since the 90’s really.


6) What's the hardest part of being a DJ?

By far the hardest part of DJing is travelling. I spend many hours in airports, on planes or on the motorway. Sometimes I think I should have been a truck driver instead haha!


7) Who are some of your favourite local and international DJ's?

Surprisingly, I’m not really a huge fan of DJ’s but usually the reason I like them is because they have a good attitude towards the music and the people around them.


8) Do you DJ/produce on a full-time basis?

Yes it’s all I’ve done for the last 15 years! Here’s to another 15
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...