Friday, December 17, 2010

Interview - Scott Attrill

Scott Attrill website



1) For those who are not familiar with who you are, give a brief description of yourself and where you come from.
I am from Portsmouth on the south coast. I have been a DJ since I left school. At first I got into the whole 'rave' sound and knew right away that I wanted to be involved with the scene, both DJ’ing and making music. I was always creative at school and good at art and writing so it made sense for me.


2) What genre of music do you play and produce?
The music I play is a new and fresh sound that has been labelled ‘Hard Electrik’. It’s basically a fusion of styles, Techno, Electro, Trance, Hard Dance & even some minimal & hard style input. It’s quite exciting to be playing/making this style as there are no rules - which is how music should be. The BPM ranges from slower 134 edits to tougher/edgier 140 plus tracks so there is scope for so many ideas and productive input. Its all been very cool to work on.



3) Have you experimented with other genres of music?
I have; I have done some breaks & house stuff - it all helps as you can fuse different ideas from playing around with other styles and sounds.


4) At what age did you first realize your potential as a DJ?
Haha, I was as young as 11 or 12 pretending to do my own radio show from my bedroom & even when I was as young as 3 or 4 I would steal my dads headphones when he left the room and sit & listen to tunes.


5) For how long have you been DJing/producing?
Professionally, it’s been over 10 years.


6) What's the hardest part of being a DJ?
I love it! However, I still get nervous before gigs because I want to play as well as I can every time.


7) What well known DJ's have you collaborated with?
In the past I have worked on projects with
Anne Savage, BK & Rob Tissera.

8) Who are some of your favourite local and international DJ's?
I have always loved
Carl Cox, he is a legend, the way he works a crowd & structures his sets is genius!

9) Do you make your music readily available to download from the internet?
Yes, my music is available to download on most sites.


10) Do you DJ/produce on a full-time basis?
Yes, I’m blessed to be able to do what I love & make a living out of it too, unbelievable. I also run
Riot! & Traffic records too so it’s always very busy but all creative & good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...